Day #4 in the 12-day Countdown!
(If you missed previous days, click here to get them. If you want to be sure not to miss out on any more, subscribe here and have them delivered straight to your inbox!)
#4: Sweet Potatoes
If there’s a single food that could sustain us through ‘supermom’ status, this would be it! Eating these on a regular basis provides us a shield against stress, exhaustion, skin aging, and weight gain (to name a few of our most threatening enemies!). Making it a habit to savor your sweet potatoes is like treating yourself to a spa day every day – plus if you share with your kids, you’re doing double duty by providing them all of the extra health benefits listed below. Supermom to the rescue!
Benefits for Everyone
- Healthy eyesight
- Boost immune system
- Healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth
- High in antioxidants, reduce cancer risk
- Protect skin from sun damage
- Energize/minimize fatigue
- Help achieve/maintain healthy weight
- Improve mood
- Promote relaxation and help the body de-stress